30A - Final Reflection
My most formative experience from this semester was going through the research and development process needed to identify whether or not your business venture will pass or fail with consumers. I never expected to do so many interviews with potential consumers even before having a physical product, or even a mock-up of my app. I originally had thought that you don't let the public in on your venture until you have something to show them. This class taught me that even an idea is something important to discuss with consumers and that even though you may feel that it's just a dumb idea, others might truly believe in your product before you do. I felt that way many times this semester through my peer reviews. The positive critiques I received from my classmates were helpful when I felt that my idea was too crazy or futuristic to become a reality. The experiences that I will remember for years to come are the elevator pitches. I was so nervous to do them and knew that they are essential in the entrepreneurial world, so having to do three as assignments made me have to overcome those fears. My most joyous experience is the one I'm most proud of, which is that I was able to build a business venture concept from the ground up. I was able to push myself to think of every aspect that is important to growing your idea and in the end I have a fully formed business plan. I think I'll use this experience throughout various aspects of my life. And who knows, maybe one day I'll use them to build a real venture.
At the end of this semester, I feel that I have learned a lot about entrepreneurship and business ventures. I feel that I have taken apart the tools and traits from this course and have subconsciously began to apply them to my current job, future aspirations, and even aspects of my life that are not related to work. I am constantly thinking of new ideas and trying to decide whether they are worth exploring or not. I always wanted to consider myself an entrepreneur as my father and grandfather were before me. It's in my blood, but this course and taught me the fundamentals to becoming one.
For the future students of this course, I recommend that my they put their whole into this course. Even if they don't think they want to be entrepreneurs and only have to take this course as a requirement for their major, I feel that if they push themselves to give their all in each assignment they will learn a lot about business as well as themselves. I also would encourage them to give their peers honest and detailed critiques of their posts, and expect them back in return. The peer reviews are a great form of encouragement of your ideas and by giving your honest feedback you peers will be able to further themselves in their pursuits.
I highly recommend this course to everyone who's interested in looking at the world's problems as opportunities and working hard to find the solutions for a better tomorrow, regardless of your industry field.


Hi Shannon,
ReplyDeleteReally enjoyed watching you expand your venture idea throughout the semester. I think you did a great job both accepting and receiving feedback so I'm glad you mentioned that as a tip for future students of the class. You've done a great job with your venture since the beginning and I hope you continue to push yourself to think of ideas and hopefully apply them someday. Good luck!
Shannon, I truly wish you the best in whatever life venture or real work business model you might embark on. Your entrepreneurial spirit is strong, and it shows. I agree with your advice of giving this course all that you have. That's the only way you will further develop the entrepreneurial mindset.
ReplyDelete-Lauren