11-A Idea Napkin No. 1
Business
Virtual Shopping
Founder
Shannon Tamburi, 24
General Business –
Online
University of Florida
Miami
Talents/Experience/Skills
I am a young, female student, as well as a full time
bookkeeper, who uses online shopping. I have an entrepreneur spirit, inherited
from my father and grandfather. Both owned their own art and picture framing
manufacturing businesses. I worked as an apprentice with my dad, where he
taught me sales and basic accounting. This experience pairs well with the theoretical
business aspects taught in my courses. I speak multiple languages, including
Armenian, Spanish, and Italian. I am multicultural, extroverted, organized, and
goal-oriented.
This business would be my brainchild, where I take the
convenience of online shopping with the technology of virtual reality to create
a perfect e-commerce experience. In an attempt to make the experience more
accessible and effective for shoppers who do not fit or look like the average
straight-size model, this business would play a large roll in my everyday life.
Business ideals
Virtual Shopping will be an app that alleviates the stress
for online shoppers who do not look like the straight-size models that are used
to showcase clothing on e-commerce retail websites. With the help of an avatar,
shoppers will be able to view themselves trying on the clothing before
purchasing online. The avatar would be programmed with your exact measurements.
This would include your waist, bust, hips, inseam, arm length, torso, and neck
measurements. With these throughout details, Virtual Shopping will be able to
build an avatar in the virtual world that would scale perfectly in the physical
world.
By pairing with brands that offer online shopping, Virtual
Shopping will have an inventory of all product sizes and measurements for the
avatars to try on in the virtual world. The brand advertising would pay for the
app services. To help shoppers narrow down the best brands for their sizes,
Virtual Shopping will use the inventory of brand product measurements to give
the shoppers options that will best fit them. The app will allow for any shopper,
regardless of shape or size, to feel comfortable and sure of their online
purchases. The goal is to make the online shopping experience the most
convenient and enjoyable method to shop.
Demographics:
Ø
Students (18-28)
Ø
Busy parents (26-40)
Ø
Shoppers who are plus-size, petite, or not
considered average sized
Ø
Men (18-34)
While I originally targeted plus-size women in this business
opportunity, I have since done throughout research that suggests that the
majority of men aged 18-34 make up the majority of online shoppers. Their
biggest issue is also fit and sizing when buying online. Therefore, I have
expanded the demographics of Virtual Shopping to include both genders. Virtual
Shopping would ideally include all ages and genders, however realistically it
will be limited to those who already use e-commerce as a primary form of
shopping.
Virtual Shopping will be a monthly subscription available as
an app on all mobile devices. Customers would use this service because it is
the only service to allow online shoppers an opportunity to virtually try on
clothing and ensure the fit before purchasing. It would be a fun, new way to
shop that bridges the gap between online and in-store shopping.
Core competencies
As stated above, Virtual Shopping will be the online app to
offer these services. We will pair with brands to create a virtual shopping
world. The end goal would be to create a virtual shopping mall of all the brands
working with the app where shoppers could virtually walk through and compare
clothing from the comfort of their mobile devices. This shopping experience
will create a certainty with online shopping in terms of size and fit, through
the use of the shopper avatars. Accurate measurements will ensure that what
fits in the virtual world, will also fit in the physical world.
vvv
I do believe that these elements go well together. I still
think I need more buyer feedback to perfect the virtual experience. I look
forward to constructive criticism from my peers. Probably the weakest part of
my opportunity would be considering how to get this service to the masses. The
average consumer would have to have a virtual reality headset in order to view
the virtual world. Another possible way to view your avatar would be to create
a mirror sized tablet that could scan the shoppers’ body and show their
reflection as their avatar. The limitation to this mirror product would be that
it would be too large to carry with the shopper and therefore would not be as
convenient for online shopping.



Comments
Post a Comment