16-A What's Your Secret Sauce?

What's Your Secret Sauce?

What I believe are my best qualities:

We are all unique and different in our own ways. Those qualities make up who we are and shape the way we work and interact. If you are self-aware enough, you'll be able to identify you're strengths and your weaknesses. I believe 5 ways in which I have human capital unique to myself are:

  1. Organized - I make sure to keep organized in all aspects of my life, including work, school, and various commitments. By staying organized I am able to prioritize my life and make sure everything gets completed. 
  2. Philanthropic - Being philanthropic means that I value giving back to others. I feel that I am inherently a generous person who goes above and beyond for others, especially those who I care about. Through successful business endeavors, I will have the opportunity to create my own charity and participate on a grander scale in philanthropic activities. 
  3. Responsible - Responsibility is a key quality of mine. I don't take my commitments lightly and always consider my responsibilities as priorities. I take responsibility for my duties, mistakes, actions, and communication. 
  4. Cultural - I have always had a passion for culture and languages. Throughout my life it has been easy to relate to people from different cultures. I love learning new things about traditions, cultural norms, and communication. 
  5. Ambitious - I have always had high expectations for myself and an ambitious attitude to go along with it. I am ambitious in terms of pushing boundaries, working hard, and getting what/where I want to be. 
What those closest to me believe are my best qualities:

As I am not able to physically interview those who are closest to me, I have asked them to send me voice recordings of what they believe are my best qualities. I explained that there was no time restriction and no boundary on qualities. The following are the responses of those most closed to me:

Interview 1: Mom






Interview 2: Sister - Jasmine 








Interview 3: Sister - Simone




Interview 4: Boyfriend's mom  - Patty





Interview 5: Friend - Jackie




Reflect on the differences:

I feel that overall, my friends and family were spot on with my best qualities. I feel that they chose qualities about myself that I agree are strong suits of mine. I feel where we differ is in their explanation of my qualities, because they are all perspective to how they perceive my qualities. This assignment was fun to include those closest to me and nice to hear all their favorite things about me. 



SaveSave

Comments

  1. I think it is really sweet that everyone closest to you believe that everything about is what will make you a strong leader. This has by far been my favorite assignment. I think being able to hear from those who know you best say what makes you unique is important. I for one didn’t think anything I did was as special as my family and friends believed. When I got the response from my parents I was in tears hearing all they had to say. These are things we don’t normally talk about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon,

    From your own self-evaluation and the evaluation of your five interviewees, I'm able to draw that you're a very personable and driven leader! I have no doubt that you'll find success in any venture as long as you stick to your core qualities. My favorite trait that I found in your list is "philanthropic": Having the passion to give back to the community and to make an impact in the world around you speaks volumes of your character, and it shows that your motives are pure and not solely financially driven

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts