14-A Halfway Reflection

Tenaciousness is competency. The most important behaviors to use and develop to achieve success in ENT 3003 are organization and time-management. Although it may seem easy to neglect this class, as it has no formal assessments or exams, but the weekly assignments are time consuming and cannot be done the hour before the due date. Many include interviews and therefore it is important to check whats due the week prior to make sure you have enough time to prepare for your blog posts and to set up interviews with people. If you stay organized and complete your work on a timely manner, success will come naturally in ENT 3003.

Tenaciousness is also about attitude. There have been weeks when all your classes are so demanding it's hard to fit all your coursework in, on top of working and other priorities. I had one particular week that was most stressful where I had an exam for GEB3035 and an exam for MAN 3025 back-to-back, as well as three ENT assignments. My exams were on Wednesday and Thursday and my assignments were due on Friday. I had been studying all week that I hadn't found time to do my ENT work until that Friday they were due. Part of me was so drained from the heavy week I contemplated not finishing them and submitting whatever I had done. But with enough time and perseverance I pushed through and finished all the assignments and submitted them on time. That next day I rewarded myself with sleeping in and mimosas for brunch. It's all about balance.

Three tips:

1) Treat your planner like it's your bible. At the start of the semester, get yourself a planner and go through all the due dates for your course. Reference your planner at least once a day as a constant reminder of what is due. Do this for all your courses so you can plan out when's the best time to do your assignments.

2) Don't procrastinate, start early. It's always best to start your assignments a few days before the due date, just in case you get distracted or you need more time to plan. Some assignments in ENT are easier than others, in the sense that they don't demand so much research or prep time. However, those that include interviews, videos, or book reviews, need to be started early in order to do them successfully.

3) Always read the instructions. It's easy to glance through the assignment information and to think you know what to do. But when you overlook something, it will cost you in points. It's important to write down the requirements of each blog post and to check if a picture is to be included with your post. An easy tip is to always add a picture, regardless of if it is required or not. It won't cost you points to add one and you won't lose any by forgetting one.

Overall, the course is set up for success. The information is all provided for you at the beginning of the semester, so as long as you stay organized, use your time wisely, and read the instructions properly, there should be no reason for failure. The beauty of ENT 3003 is that you really get out of it what you put in. So make sure you don't neglect your weekly assignments, even when they may seem to be the least important coursework for your week, and you might just learn how to improve your entrepreneurial skills.





Comments

  1. This class definitely holds a lot of value for one who is willing to put forth the effort in the assignments. However, I agree that this class is easy to put on the back burner, and I’ve definitely felt the pressure of completing assignments on time, especially during weeks filled with exams from other classes. For this reason, I also agree that organization and time-management are two important behaviors required for one to succeed in ENT 3003.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts